Between Contracts

Friday, August 08, 2008

Paradise Regained

Well, as seems always to be the case, I met people. I met a wonderful Norwegian actress/director called Margrett in the taxi. She's been here for three weeks, travelling on her own. She's quite the most gregarious, friendly person I've met in a while. We walked around Ngungwi tryign to find somewhere to stay and eventually, the two of us found ourself in the dorm in the Paradise – there are eight beds, but it's just the two of us. I've also booked to go scuba diving tomorrow, since I figured I really should while I'm here. Margrett and I did that sort of social dance where circumstances have thrown you together with someone, you're happy to spend more time with them, but you don't know if they're the same. Eventually, we established that yes, we both wanted dinner and yes, we'd both be happy to eat together. So that's what we did. More wonderful fresh fish, but after paying for the meal I realised that I'd run out of cash. Completely. I kicked myself for paying the scuba fees (160USD) in advance and in cash. There are no cash machines in Ngunwi, and one Beureaux de Change which charges ten percent! Anyway, I figured I could get the cash back from the dive office the next day….

(more to add later. Irish girls and scuba diving – enticing, non?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home