Between Contracts

Friday, June 13, 2008

Planet Baobab

Planet Baobab, and gods, did that shower feel good. I've said it before (and, knowing me, will say it again and again), but I think a good shower is one of my favourite things. I'm sitting next to a powerpoint with roughly twelve plugs and adaptors hanging out of it. For my part, the laptop has to stay here because K has plugged his phone into the USB port to charge. Elsewhere in Botswana, lights flicker, a surgeon operates by candle light, airports close...

I feel completely renewed after a shower and a shave, but totally relaxed. I think I've 'got' the 'Africa' thing, finally. Last night was something really special, and it'll live long in my memory (of course, it's going to live long in my memory anyway. Let's check the criteria: Totally useless info? Tick. Not going to help me professionally? Tick. Not something anyone's ever going to ask me about? Tick). I'm aware the sense of humour has taken a bit of a dink, and it's all got a bit earnest, but I'll throw in a few of Bjorn's stories in a while (the clients that brought three prostitutes back to the hostel and then refused to pay, for instance...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home