Between Contracts

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Maun

Just a quick one. We've just arrived in Maun, the 'gateway' to the Okavango Delta, so I'm just updating before we take Mokoros (dugout canoos) into the Delta and camp out in the middle of nowhere for two days. We're just gathering last-minute supplies. I'm not feeling too bad, all in all. Haven't had much of a chance to use the new camera, but that should change in the next few days. I miss having a compact in my pocket I can whip out at a moment's notice. There's certainly a lot more 'faff' involved with the new one, and it's going to take me a while before I can get results close to or better than those I have before. It'll be interesting to see if anyone can spot, from the photos, when my last camera broke.

Anyway, gotta get back to the truck. It's very crowded at the moment, and I'm getting a little ticked off. It's just that everyone wants to do what they want to do, and there's very little waiting for people to get out of the way before steaming ahead. I've tried, but it just doesn't work too well, so I'm forced to dive in with everyone else. Tollerance, as always, is the key.

2 Comments:

At 6:02 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a blog about Africa, it's a blog about cameras!

 
At 9:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris said...

I'm very interested Abbie. Nick can you please stop talking so much about the places and the people and more about your technology please. Hows the heart rate in Botswana by the way...?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home