Between Contracts

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

'Fly Inn'. Jo'berg

We crossed the border shortly after 10am, where, for the last time, I was able to run out of the building towards the guides and truck, saying, 'Quick, start the engine! They're coming - we have to go NOW!'. I can't believe Bjorn never punched me.

Well, this is a cut above your average backpackers – with prices to match. Well, I'm still on tour, so it's all inclusive, but some of the others staying her overnight tell me it's a bit pricey. This place confirms my decision to stay at a cheap backpackers in Cape Town was the right one. It's more like a hotel, and is utterly dead. I have two days in Jo'berg before my flight, so I may well up sticks and go to a backpackers in town, just for the atmosphere. We're also told we shouldn't walk around outside the Inn... well, ever, really. One of the guys in our 'dorm' (the poshest dorm I've ever been in – with TV and en suite) was a Dutch guy called Erich. He seemed okay. Heidi and WEM stayed the night, too (oh, another classic 'WEM': Heather was having her hair braided in Vic Falls. After the first two hours, WEM happens to wander by, and says, 'Well, not everyone has the face for braids'. Lovely). Returning to my room after dinner (delivered Chinese), I was slightly disconcerted to see Erich sitting up in the bed next to mine (in a large room with five beds) with a look that I can only describe as 'welcoming'. Yikes. He's watching the football right now, while I bury myself in my laptop. Luckily, Heidi and WEM are here, too, so I feel safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home