Between Contracts

Monday, April 07, 2008

'Betwixt Contracts'

So I've been trying to explain to my parents that I'm not unemployed. They're not worried, so much as using it as an opportunity to take the p1ss. I've been trying to make it clear to them that, even though I don't go into an office every day, my personal company is still paying me every month. It's a bit of an odd concept, but suffice to say that I can comfortably take some time off. So, I'm left making plans again. This time, however, it's not just snowboarding...

Well, currently it is just snowboarding, but this will change. First up, the trip I've had planned for months - the trip it's becoming tricky to play down: heliboarding in Kamchatka. Basically, it's a week of being flown up various mountains in a helicopter, dropped off at the top, snowboarding down, then doing it all again. It is not, as I explained to someone the other day, jumping out of an airborne helicopter and gliding through the air while attached to the aforementioned snowboard. I'm somewhere between excited and scared. I'm also hoping my omni-present injuries don't jump out and grab me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home