Between Contracts

Thursday, July 29, 2004

This just in, from our travel desk...

"Hi, my friend is flying into Santiago this morning? Do you know what time she will arrive in Portillo?"
"Ha ha. We have some news for you..."
"Really? It is funny news?"
"Your friend is in Buenos Aires."
"Buenos Aires, Argentina?"
"No, Buenos Aires, Norway." (Actually, that´s artistic license. I haven´t found a sarcastic Chillian yet - that I´ve noticed, anyway...)
"Yes, her flight, it get...diverted. She arrives in Santiago at one twenty pm. The driver, he waits for her..."
"Um, okay. So she arrives here at four?"
"Si, er, yes."
"Right...."

Truly, I´m not making this up. It appears my travelling companion has been diverted via Argentina. I have no idea why, and shall have my sympathy levels turned up to maximum when she arrives as, I´d say, she´s not likely to be in a good mood. Hopefully, she´ll be here within a few hours. People are beginning to point at me and whisper...

"Look at that guy. He pretends he has a friend coming."
"Really?"
"Yes, he is deluded. It is very sad. He says she is coming, but she never does. I feel sorry for him."
"Yes, and he looks like he´s had plastic surgery too..."

Still, I have had my dodgy paragliding stalker to keep me company. He just keeps appearing! No matter where I am, or where I go, he´s just there. I don´t know how he does it. Slightly scarey, to be honest. The last time I saw him, he told me to stay on the slope I was on while he went to get his camcorder. This partially explains my presence in front of this PC.

Oh, and don´t worry: I´m doing plenty of boarding. Bear in mind I´m a fast touch-typist, so this has only taken about ten minutes. I´m also, as I think I mentioned before, trying to take it easy this first week. I´m thinking about digging out the new board tomorrow morning and giving it a go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home